Saturday 4 August 2018

Melbourne Art Fair

2-5 August 2018
Southbank Arts Precinct


My favourite objects from the Art Fair, in no particular order, but fielding ideas of object, material and making that merge the history of art, the personal and the universal.


SANNÉ MESSTROM
@ sullivan+strumpf


VIRGINA LEONARD
@ paul nache


Pain Chart
I don't call it a Spoiled Foot even though its a good summary. I call it a rotten foot. Picked up and then discarded, flying like Aphrodite and then based into the brick wall. I come limping home relishing in my attention. I am pain intolerant.
But I am not her, I am the blacksmith potter, waging war in the back waters. Trying my hand at this and that. Turning turning, hiding my limp behind the iron and the fire.
I am only Vulcan, only Vulcan.
My works are self-portraits that address my bodily scarring and the chronic pain. Chronic pain has no biological value, modern medicine cannot reliably treat chronic pain, it lacks both language and voice. The language of my clay making is my attempt to rid my bod of trauma and rescued my level of chronic pain. Catalogue essay by Virgina Leonard.


RICHARD LEWER
@ can't remember


TEELAH GEORGE
@neon park




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inside

Craft 16 November 2020 - 30 January 2021 (with a 'soft eye' on ceramics) Inside presents a maximalist celebration of contemporary c...